Royalty of Rock Quarterly Challenge
June 15, 2015 - September 14, 2015
Elvis Presley would have turned 80 this year! That probably means your grandmother was a fan - I know my mom was! He has been gone nearly 38 years, but most of us can still sing along when we hear his music. This quarterly challenge celebrates the King of Rock and Roll and his music!
Levels of Fandom:
Turn Up the Radio - 5 Songs
Bought the Record - 10 Songs
Stood in Line for Concert Tickets - 15 Songs
Threw My Panties on the Stage - 20 Songs
Total Groupie - 25 Songs
Read a book for each song that fits the theme or one in which a word from the song title can be found in the title of the book, disregarding articles.
1. Jailhouse Rock - A book with law enforcement or music/musician featured in story.
2. Blue Suede Shoes - A book that has fashion involved in story or a blue cover.
3. Love Me Tender - A book by a favorite author or any romance book.
4. Heartbreak Hotel - Book with a second chance romance.
5. Viva Las Vegas - A book featuring travel, set in Vegas, or with secrets.
6. A Little Less Conversation - An action-packed story.
7. Hound Dog - A book with animal(s) in the story, on the cover or a shifter story.
8. Return to Sender - A book that has tech features, think New-Age mail!
9. Don't Be Cruel - A book with BDSM or a H/h that has been wounded in some way.
10. In the Ghetto - Book with a bad boy hero.
11. Suspicious Minds - Romantic suspense story or a book with an enemies to lovers theme.
12. Burning Love - Read a steamy book or a one with a steamy cover.
13. All Shook Up - A crazy, mixed up, fun kind of story.
14. Little Sister - Select a book that has siblings in the storyline.
15. Blue Hawaii - A book with a tropical setting or cover.
16. Kentucky Rain - A book set in south or with clouds/rain on cover.
17. Hard Headed Woman - Read a book with a kick ass heroine.
18. Don't Cry Daddy – Read a book with a child/children in the story or a YA romance.
19. GI Blues – Read a book with a character that is current or former military.
20. Summer Kisses, Winter Tears - Read a book set during the summer or one set during the winter.
Bonus - To be a Total Groupie, use these songs and come up with your own theme! Or find five Elvis songs of your own to use. You can even mix and match!
21. Lonesome Cowboy - book with a cowboy
22. Can't Help Falling in Love - enemies to lovers/boss and employee
23. Crying in the Chapel - wedding/jilted MC
24. A Big Hunk o' Love - athlete or alpha male
1. Outlaw Hunter - Carol Arens (HH #1211 - Dec 2014) (US Marshal) - June 28
2. Evening Stars - Susan Mallery (Mira - Feb 2014) (blue cover) - June 30
5. The Heart of Christmas - Brenda Novak (Mira - Nov 2014) (secrets) - June 21
6. Cornered - HelenKay Dimon (HI #1571 - June 2015) - June 19
7. A Forever Kind of Family - Brenda Harlen (HSE #2403 - May 2015) (dog) - July 7
8. Agent Undercover - Lisa Childs (HI #1561 - Apr 2015) (hackers) - July 8
9. The Rake to Reveal Her - Julia Justiss (HH #1232 - May 2015) (loss of arm/eye) - June 16
11. Sheltered - HelenKay Dimon (HI #1577 - July 2015) (romantic suspense) - June 20
14. Make Me Lose Control - Christie Ridgway (HQN - Jan 2015) - June 19
15. Nine Months to Change His Life - Marion Lennox (HR #4428 - June 2014) (part of setting) - Aug 13
16. Sugar Rush - Donna Kauffman (Brava - Jan 2012) (Georgia) - July 16
18. The Instant Family Man - Shirley Jump (HSE #2410 - June 2015) (child) - June 22
19. Against the Fire - Kat Martin (Mira - Jan 2011) (former Marine) - July 10
20. Cassidy Harte and the Comeback Kid - RaeAnne Thayne (SIM #1144 - Apr 2002) (summer) - June 26
22. Minding Her Boss's Business - Janice Maynard (HD #2372 -May 2015) (boss/emp) - June 17
23. Pursued by the Rich Rancher - Catherine Mann (HD #2379 - June 2015) (wedding) - July 31
24. Born Wild - Julie Ann Walker (Sourcebooks Casablanca - Nov 2013) (alpha hero) - July 21
25. A Lover's Vow - Brenda Jackson (Mira - May 2015) - July 9