All Through the Year Quarterly Challenge
December 15, 2014 - March 14, 2015
December 15, 2014 - March 14, 2015
Level 1: Read six books published in any different six months, regardless of the year. (6 Books)
Level 2: Read one book published in each of the twelve months. (12 Books)
Level 3: Read one book published in each of the twelve months and one book for each month's birthstone. (24 Books)
Level 4: Read one book published in each month of the year, one book for each month's birthstone and one book for each month's birth flower. (36 Books)
Birthstones: Read a book with a cover matching the birthstone color. Alternately, you may read a book that relates to the meaning of the birthstone.
January: Garnet (deep red color) - A gift of garnet is thought to be symbolic of love and the desire for a loved one's safe travel and speedy homecoming. So you may also read a book involving a journey of some sort.
February: Amethyst (purple) - The gift of Amethyst is symbolic of protection and the power to overcome difficulty. You may also read a book where a main character had to overcome a difficulty.
March: Aquamarine (pale blue) - A gift of Aquamarine symbolizes both safety and security, especially within long standing relationships. So you can also read a book involving an already married/mated couple.
April: Diamond (white, clear) - A gift of a Diamond is symbolic of everlasting love. You could also read a book featuring an immortal character.
May: Emerald (deep green) - Some people believe that wearing an Emerald brings wisdom, growth, and patience. So you may also pick a book where a MC experiences growth of character or gains wisdom. Or one character teaches another.
June: Pearl (white) - Only those with royal status once wore pearl jewelry. You can also choose a book that involves royalty.
July: Ruby (red) - It has been said that the Ruby's red glow comes from an internal flame that cannot be extinguished. You may also read a steamy book or one with a hot guy on the cover.
August: Peridot (yellow green; yellow and/or green on cover) - It signifies strength, both individual and within a relationship, as well as the promise of new growth in years ahead. So you may also read a book that includes family, children or pregnancy.
September: Sapphire (deep blue) - Sapphires have long been a favorite among priests and kings, who considered them symbolic of wisdom and purity. You can read a book with a virginal character.
October: Opal (multi-colored, a cover with at least 4 distinct colors) - A gift of Opal is symbolic of faithfulness and confidence. As friendship should include both faithfulness and confidence, you can read a book that involves good friends.
November: Citrine (yellow gold) - A gift of Citrine is symbolic for hope and strength. You may also choose a book that features a character whose strength is tested, either physically or emotionally.
December: Blue Topaz (blue) - A gift of Blue Topaz is symbolic of love and fidelity. So you could read a book where a character pledges their love and fidelity with either a proposal or marriage, or the equivalent of those.
Birth Month Flowers: Read a book that has the specific flower for each month on the cover, is set during that month or that matches the meaning of the birth month flower.
January: Carnation - Love, Pride, Beauty, Purity, Distinction, Fascination, and Loyal. You can read a book with a prideful character.
February: Violet - Faithfulness, Wisdom and Hope. You may select a book with a wise character.
March: Daffodil - Spring, Rebirth, Domestic Happiness, Respect, Regard and Friendship. You could pick a book with a happy character.
April: Daisy - Love, Youth, Purity. So you can read a book that features an innocent character.
May: Lily of the Valley - Humility, Chastity, and Sweetness. You may choose a book that has a sweet character.
June: Rose - Love and Appreciation. You can select a book with a romantic character.
July: Larkspur - Levity and Lightness. You could read a book with a funny character.
August: Gladiolus - Strength, Moral Integrity, Remembrance, Infatuation. You may select a book that has a character who demonstrates moral integrity by doing the right thing.
September: Aster - Love, Faith, Wisdom and symbolizes Valor. You can read a book that has a brave character.
October: Marigold - Warm, Fierce. They exemplify elegance and devotion. You may pick a book with an elegant character.
November: Chrysanthemum - Compassion, Friendship, Joy. You can choose a book that has a compassionate character.
December: Poinsettia - Good Cheer, Success. You can read a book with a successful character.
1. Gut Instinct - Barb Han (HI #1542 - Jan 2015) - Jan 11
3. Hope Ignites - Jaci Burton (Jove - Mar 2014) - Feb 6
7. Morgan - Lori Foster (HT #790 - July 2000) - Feb 3
10. Wild West Christmas - Jenna Kernan, Kathryn Albright, Lynna Banning (HH #1203 - Oct 2014) - Dec 18
11. Wish Upon a Snowflake - Christine Merrill, Linda Skye, Elizabeth Rolls (HH #1207 - Nov 2014) - Dec 17
13. The Pirate Bride - Sandra Hill (Avon - Dec 2013) - Jan 9
15. Summer is for Lovers - Jennifer McQuiston (Avon - Sept 2013) (lt blue cover) - Jan 18
16. Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover - Sarah MacLean (Avon - Nov 2014) (white cover) - Jan 16
17. A Seaside Christmas - Sherryl Woods (Mira - Sept 2013) (character growth) - Dec 15
18. The Prince She Never Forgot - Scarlet Wilson (HR #4458 - Jan 2015) (prince) - Jan 6
19. Vampire in Paradise - Sandra Hill (Avon - Nov 2014) (hot guy) - Jan 17
20. The Christmas Bouquet - Sherryl Woods (Mira - Oct 2014) (pregnancy) - Dec 15
22. The Cowboy's Christmas Baby - Carolyn Brown (Sourcebooks Casablanca - Sept 2013) (friends to lovers) - Dec 31
23. Lone Star Survivor - Colleen Thompson (HRS #1829 - Dec 2014) (tested both physically and mentally) - Dec 19
24. Cold Case at Camden Crossing - Rita Herron (HI #1463 - Dec 2013) (wedding) - Dec 21
26. Colton Holiday Lockdown - C.J. Miller (HRS #1828 - Dec 2014) (wise/smart) - Jan 3
27. Her Colton Lawman - Carla Cassidy (HRS #1823 - Nov 2014) (happy by choice) - Dec 29
29. The Keeper - Suzanne Woods Fisher (Revell - Jan 2012) (sweet - Menno) - Dec 26
32. Cold Case in Cherokee Crossing - Rita Herron (HI #1535 - Dec 2014) (stopping execution of innocent man) - Dec 22
34. Bride by Mail - Katy Madison (HH #1187 - June 2014) (heroine described as elegant) - Feb 11
35. Lethal Lies - Lara Lacomb (HRS #1830 - Dec 2014) (compassionate/doctor) - Jan 4
36. Carrying the Lost Heir's Child - Jules Bennett (HD # 2352 - Jan 2015) (successful) - Dec 19